Many organizations utilize a Project Management Office (PMO) to introduce and sustain project management methodology and skills. These enable an organization to deliver their projects on time, within budget and to an agreed upon level of quality. PMOs can help:
- Improve the rate of project success
- Standardize and maintain a project management methodology and software tools
- Monitor project progress
- Execute project portfolio management processes
- Measure the value of the projects and project management
Many organizations recognize the value of a PMO but have difficulty staffing this critical organization. This could be because:
- They do not have the right skills
- They do not need a full-time PMO
- They do not consider it a core competency
TenStep can help you gain the value of a PMO by utilizing our expert staff on a full-time or part-time basis. You benefit from expert PMO staff while your staff focus on the critical projects to meet your business needs. TenStep can help you establish and maintain your PMO infrastructure with our world class products and services.
With our experience and expertise, TenStep will run the PMO. We will work with you to enhance your capabilities in project management and portfolio management. We will work with you to determine the services you desire, and the frequency of these. The types of services can include introducing project management processes, providing training, conducting coaching sessions, performing project status reporting and consolidation, conducting project audits, preparing for project management certification, executing a portfolio management process, and measuring the value of the PMO.
If you have not yet established a PMO, TenStep, Inc. can help you understand how to best define and utilize a PMO within your organization. We can then execute your PMO services based on this plan.
For your virtual PMO, TenStep will:
- Work with you on the products and services the PMO should deliver to your organization
- Create a roadmap for implementing the PMO services
- Deliver the products and services to help your organization excel in delivering projects
- Provide processes and templates for your organization that are used to execute your PMO
A Project Management Office can add significant value to your projects and to your entire organization. We’ve done it before. Take advantage of PMO services at the frequency and investment that is right for your organization.